The idea for 3 Steves was born over 3 friends sitting around having a glass of wine and talking about starting our own winery. We all owned part of a small boutique winery where we learned the art, science, and business aspects of the wine industry. We made a lot of wine together, and our customers gave us some great feedback. Before long we realized we wanted to start our own label from the ground up, and thought it was obvious to name our new project the 3 Steves Winery.
Although we had made wine for years together, we received our license in early 2010. For several years we made our wine in a custom-crush facility which worked well, but we had a dream of owning our own winery and vineyard one day. Then in late 2012 we found the ideal location, and in July of 2013 we opened our doors for the first time at 5700 Greenville Road in Livermore! The location has beautiful 360 degree vistas of the entire Livermore valley, and we are surrounded by incredible wineries on Greenville Road. A must-stop when out wine tasting.
We’re proud of our wines and the awards we’ve won, and plan to be here for years to come. Livermore is an incredible wine region. The other wine makers have been so helpful and extended their hands, experience, and resources to us. In this type of wine community you can’t help but make quality wine.
Our philosophy is to grow the best grapes we can on our vineyard, and to purchase the grapes we don’t grow, from Livermore and other regions where particular varietals grow best. Then we bring the fruit back to our winery and turn it into wine. We have established strong relationships with award-winning vineyards, which will allow us to obtain excellent fruit as we continue refining our wine making skills as humble students of the art. Our tag line is “3 Friends Striving To Make The Perfect Wine”, and we’ll continue to do that in hopes more awards are in our future. But more importantly in hopes you really enjoy our wines and perceive value in your purchase of our product.
Our wine is currently sold at our winery at 5700 Greenville Road in Livermore. We are now open for wines by-the-glass or by-the-bottle on our outside tables by reservation Fridays through Sundays, 11:30am to 4:30pm. We are also served in a handful of these local restaurants that we visit regularly and are proud to be associated with. Appointments for tastings are suggested during this time frame. If you would like to purchase our wine of have other questions please contact us at 925-364-4889 or info@3StevesWinery.com if interested in purchasing wine to have shipped to one of these states.
Please come by our winery any weekend and one or more of the Steves will usually be here to serve you and share with you our passion for wine making. Bring along your family, friends and dogs (but please keep dogs on their leash). We look forward to seeing you at the winery soon. Please give our wines a try. We think you’ll enjoy them and look forward to earning your patronage!
During this difficult time of COVID-19, we respectfully ask for your help in keeping everyone safe by following the guidance from our government listed below:
- Mondays through Wednesdays: Open for pickup by appointment, no wine service available. If you’d like to visit outside of normal hours, please call the winery to make arrangements at (925) 364-4889.
- Reservations are required and are on a first come, first serve basis. Our last reservation is at 3:30 p.m.
- A maximum of six (6) people to a group from 3 households or less and all must be present in order to be seated. We accept limos or buses with 6 or fewer occupants by appointment only.
- We are offering wines by the glass or by the bottle. Tastings are not being offered at this time. Our tasting room is currently closed so you will be seated at a table in our outdoor patio.
- To keep everybody safe, we have our wine glasses for sale at a discounted price of $5 for non-club members and $3 for club members which will be yours to take home.
- Outside food or drinks are not permitted and we ask that you help keep our staff safe by bussing your own table and removing your glasses and trash.
- Our tables have been pre-sanitized and pre-assigned. Please do not switch tables without our help.
- Our tables are also practicing social distancing, so we kindly ask you not to move them.
- Upon arrival, local and state law requires all guests to wear face masks at all times unless tasting or eating, including while seated at your table.
- We ask that you maintain a safe “social distance” of at least 6ft from those not in your group at all times.
- Since we are not currently serving tastings of each wine, we are offering our Wine Club members and one guest each a glass of wine (6oz pour), or 50% off your first bottle.
- All dogs must be on a leash and within 6ft. Please do not let your dog mingle with other guests.
- For everyone’s safety, we are carefully following the guidelines of the ACPHD, CDPH and CDC
- We greatly appreciate your understanding, co-operation and patience. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back!